Upper Ottawa Valley
Queries and Research Requests
Queries posted in the UOVGG newsletter
U.O.V.G.G. members may submit unlimited number of queries to
Timberline. It is easiest to submit a query by e-mailing the Timberline editor
directly at email@example.com but queries by mail will be accepted and
forwarded to the editor.
*Please include your membership number with
- Non-members must submit their queries by mail to:
- Upper Ottawa Valley Genealogical Group
P.O. Box 972
Pembroke ON Canada K8A 7M5
- with a payment of $5.00 per query.
U.O.V.G.G. members may submit one free name or couple (marriage request) for research from sources listed below per calendar year. Please include your membership number with the request. Payment is expected for subsequent requests at rates specified below.
Non-members must submit payment with each request. The non-refundable fee is $ 10.00 per name or couple along with Self-addressed stamped envelope.
A self-addressed stamped envelope must accompany all requests. Out-of-Canada envelopes must have Canadian postage, the money to cover Canadian postage or an International Reply Coupon.
OCFA (Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid) & OACI (Ontario Ancestor Cemetery Index) transcription requests are $5.00 for first person & $2.00 for each additional person (non-refundable).
All research requests should be sent by mail to the
Upper Ottawa Valley Genealogy Group,
P.O. Box 972,
Pembroke, ON, Canada K8A 7M2
All requests must be specific. The name must be accompanied by an approximate time period and location. For example a search of all cemeteries or census transcriptions for Renfrew County or Pontiac County will not be undertaken. We are unable to reply to very general requests such as "please send me all the information you have on such & such family".
Research will be from the following U.O.V.G.G. Library holdings:
ONTARIO (Renfrew County)
- Transcribed Censuses - location needed (see Library Holdings)
- 1871 Renfrew County Census films-township, division & page number needed from available index on-line or in “Index to 1871 Census of Renfrew County & the North”
- Renfrew County Township Papers on microfilm-Township, lot & concession number needed
- Transcribed Cemetery Inscriptions -location needed (see Library Holdings)
- Copies of Birth, Marriage & Death Items from "Index of Pembroke Observer & Upper Ottawa Advertiser, 1867-1898" by Iris Elliot-name, issue date & page number needed
- Births, Marriages & Deaths from Pembroke Newspapers 1900-1912
- Births, Marriages & Deaths from Pembroke & Area Newspaper Clippings late 1990’s to 2004/2005
- Westmeath Pastoral Charge Church Records 1870-2000
- Marriage Registers of Ontario, 1858-1869, Vol. 29 Renfrew County
- Renfrew County Marriage Registrations transcribed by Olga Lewis 1869-1890-approximate year needed
- Weslyan Methodist Baptismal Registers, Renfrew County 1830-1895
- Baptismal, Marriage & Death Records, St. Alexander’s R.C. Church, Deep River 1898-1939
- North Renfrew County R.C. Burials
- Marriage Repertoire, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Lapasse 1851-1973 & St. Jean Baptiste 1914-1973 by Julien Hamelin
- St. Columbkille, Pembroke Burial Records 1856-1889
QUEBEC (Pontiac County)
- Transcribed Censuses- location needed (see Library Holdings)
- Transcribed Cemetery Inscriptions - location needed (see Library Holdings)
- Mariages du Comte de Pontiac, 1836-1973
- Wesleyan Methodist Baptismal Register-Out of Ontario 1826-1909
- Births, Marriages & Deaths, Wesleyan Methodist Church, Allumette Island
- Pontiac County Protestant Baptisms, Marriages & Burials, 1864-1911 from St. Stephens’s, St. George’s & St. Matthew’s Anglican Churches
- Les Mariages de la Paroisse Saint-Pierre, Fort Coulonge
- St. Elizabeth of Hungary Parish, Vinton 1875-1996
- St. James the Greater Parish, Portage du Fort 1851-1998
- St. Ann’s Parish, Grand-Calumet Island, 1846-2004
Library holdings UOVGG main page